We are Memlock limited! We’re here to to provide you with a personalised internet and app based system to help you revise and learn while making it fun. We want you to succeed and we believe that we can help you build good habits to help you work toward exam success.
If you are under 13 years old, we need to make sure you have your parent or guardian’s approval before you can use our app.
You have rights that mean that if you don’t want us to use your personal information, you can tell us to stop. If you want us to do this you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for more details.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the following data:
- Your name and email address.
- A scrambled version of your password or details of any accounts provided by other companies (like Google) which you use to log into our app with.
- Which classes and school you study at (if you link you account to a school).
- The lessons you are following and your progress through them.
- Your answers to questions to the app provides you, like when and how your answered those questions.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use the app and the phones, tablets or computers you are using. This gives us information about how students and teachers are using the app so we can improve it. This information cannot be directly linked back to you.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information when you;
- Register to use the app.
- You sign into the app.
- You use any of the features of the app, for example you answer any questions in the app.
- You contact us for help with the app.
We might also be given your information by your school:
- To allow you to log in
- To allow the school to identify you
- So we know what you are studying
How will we use your information?
- To recognise you when you come back to our app and allow you to log in.
- To provide you with a personalised revision plan and learn what you find difficult or easy.
- To understand how you are using the app so we can make it better.
- Provide you with reminders to use the app. You are free to opt-out of these reminders at any time.
- Show your teachers your information and how you are using the app.
- If your teachers allow it, show other students your information.
- To provide you with help with the app or to reply to anything you send us.
- Collect information which cannot be linked to you so we can;
- Identify improvements to content, for example content which is too hard or too easy.
- Understand how Memlock helps students like you so we show that information to other schools and students.
Where do we store your information?
We securely store all your data on computers called servers located in the United Kingdom. These servers are owned and run by Google Cloud.
If you ask us for help or email us, we use other servers. These are owned and run by Zoho and Atlassian. These servers are located in Ireland and Amsterdam.
We also use Google analytics. Google analytics uses servers around the world to host information about how you use the app, including in the United States. If you allow us to track your usage of the app, some data which cannot be used to identify personally you will be sent to the United States.
How do we store your information?
You can ask us to remove your information at any time. Your school, parent or guardian can also ask us to remove your information.
We will remove information identifying you personally two years after you last use the app.
What are your data protection rights?
We think it’s important for you to understand your rights.
You can exercise any of your rights below by contacting us at email@example.com. We will need to make sure that it’s really you, so we might need to provide us with identification. We might also need to charge you a small amount of money, depending on the circumstances.
The right to access – You can look at the information we have collected.
The right to rectification – You can ask us to correct any of the information we hold about you.
The right to erasure – You can ask us to delete any of your information.
The right to restrict processing – You can tell us not to use some of your data.
The right to object to processing – You can tell us you don’t want us to use your information.
The right to data portability – You can ask us to send us the information to you or another company.
Your parent or guardian may make any of these requests on your behalf.
Cookies are files placed on your computer to
- Provide core functionality, like the ability to log in and log out.
- Analytics, so we can understand how you use our website and app.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website and app
- Allowing you to use sign-in services offered by other companies, such as Google or Office 365.
What type of cookies do we use?
Essential functionality cookies – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and keep you logged in.
Analytics cookies - So we can understand how you use our website and app, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. The purpose of these cookies is to improve our website and app. You are able to opt-out of these cookies.
A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, but this will impact your ability to sign into our app and may prevent you from accessing functionality.
Privacy policies of other companies
How to contact us
If you would like contact us about anything in this policy, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
If you want to complain, please talk to us first. If you don’t like our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who are in charge of making sure that companies treat your data properly.